Monday, March 7, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Oh my I was pretty lazy this weekend.  It was a pretty GROSS weekend, so it called for laziness.  For sure. 

Saturday it rained, hard, pretty much all day.  It was smamp-city in our back yard.  But towards the end of the day it started snowing.  UGH!  Really?  More snow.  NOOOOO!  I'm so over it.

Yesterday I was supposed to try to get in 16 miles.  However, with the snow accumulation, apparently no one was up to shoveling.  It was a mess.  I got out to get back on the wagon with the intention of doing 10 miles & then seeing how I was feeling.  Yea, I only got in 2.  Boo I suck.  It was so snowy... and below the snow was a layer of ice from all of the rain we got freezing under the snow!  Plus, about 3/4 of a mile in I felt my calf twinge a bit, and I was slipping about ever 1/4 mile.  I just felt like it wasn't worth it.  I'd rather be a couple seconds slower in my race than not be able to race at all.  So I turned around & headed back home.  Oh well, this is another week!  We're about to get all speedy & back on track!

I also got some things done for the wedding.  I made our napkins... well, I purchased plain napkins & I used a stamp that I got with our "monogram" to stamp on the napkins & emboss onto them.  The embossing will ensure that the ink from the stamp doesn't smear or come off on people's faces when they use them!  It took kind of a long time, since I did 100.  Plus the ink pads that I had were super tiny, so I had to stamp them a bunch of times to get ink onto the stamp every time.  It took sitting down to it 3x over the course of the weekend for about an hour or so each time.  But now they are done!  Hooray!




Other than that, I was pretty lazy all weekend. I pretty much looked like the above pic the whole time.  With dog too (that's Mojo!  Hi Mojo!).  And the bowl of ice cream :)  Have you had the girl-scout cookie ice cream before?  We had s'moa ice cream (is that how you spell it?) it was pretty yummy... but I could have done with a few more cookies in it.  Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment